Turnaround Time

If it would let me select 0 stars, that would have been my selection.Meritage does not even deserve one.

This is the WORST company I have EVER had to work with in my life. I never write reviews, but this experience was so terrible that I felt the need to warn others. Since day 1 with Meritage, we were lied to in order to get our signature and our earnest money (which by the way was $25,000 when it was only $3,000 on our last home). The high price of the earnest money should have been our first clue to WALK AWAY.

We did not because we wanted to move to be closer to family, and Meritage was building in the area we wanted to be in. They took over the phase 2 of the neighborhood, and told us the house would match the existing homes. IT DOES NOT. Our Meritage home does not have 3-sided brick when the existing homes do.

Plus a whole host of other issues. We are the only dummies who bought in the new phase, because all others are steering clear and Meritage can't sell a single home on this street. On top of all of the above, they use the CHEAPEST materials and the workmanship is so half-***. My husband has already spent so much fixing things on a new house.

We should not be spending our hard-earned money fixing things that were not done right. The design center experience was terrible. It seems the qualification to work for Meritage is that you have to be a complete *** who doesn't do quality work and doesn't care about quality customer service. Oh, and you have to be a *** good liar.

If you DO buy a Meritage home, RECORD EVERY CONVERSATION, because they give you next to nothing in writing. Even our contract had incorrect information. Why did we close? Because they told us if we walk from the contract, we wouldn't get our $25 earnest money back.

So we felt obligated to close on a poorly constructed home that we have had nonstop issues with since moving in. After you close, forget about getting any help. You will get more of the same BS that you get during the building process. PLEASE I URGE YOU DO NOT BUY A MERITAGE HOME!!!!

YOU WILL THANK ME!FIND ANOTHER BUILDER!!!

Review about: Meritage Homes House Construction.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: FIX MY HOUSE.

I didn't like: Lying to customers, Bad customer service, Uncaring attitude and does not take ownership of mistakes, Poor workmanship, Overpriced home with low quality construction.

Had an Experience with Meritage Homes?

Comments