My wife and I built our home and closed in July 2006.We currently have structural issues with all the main levels floors which are cracking, raising up and shifting causing not only a serious health hazard, but also integrity damage to the home.
This damage is not limited to the floors as it continues to the ceilings and running down the walls with the issues being interior and exterior. In addition to the home issues we also have a serious issue with the installation of the drive way which Meritage homes neglected to install rebar/wire mesh for the sustainability and integrity thereof. I have contacted Meritage Homes regarding the issues to which they offered $1700 as a settlement on the entry way and laundry room floors only which was declined as they are aware the damage and issues extend to all of my tiled floors on the main level. In trying to work with Meritage and requesting to meet Tom Alexander (Warranty Manager for the Dallas, Tx area) scheduled a meeting with us at our home and did neither show nor call to state he would not be coming.
I have emailed him, his boss (Stephanie MacLean), spoke with her assistant Kimberly Perez as well contacted the corporate office to only be connected to the voice mail of someone named Camille. At no time has anyone returned a call, or an email to attempt to remedy the issues involving my home which is still under warranty. I have reached out to Meritage via their Twitter and Facebook sites to only be blocked.
Meritage has met me with what appears to be a corporate philosophy of "Although you have a warranty in tact and the sale is done we will ignore culpability hoping you (the consumer) will go away." Their continued blatant dereliction of duty in ignoring the issues with my home are causing further damage and a feeling of indignation of ever contracting with what we thought to be a reputable builder.As a veteran of the United States Marine Corps I would have expected better treatment of an American corporation.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service is bad
- Unresponsive staff
- Poor customer service
- Unprofessional management
- Uncaring attitude and does not take ownership of mistakes
- Reason of review:
- Poor service, warranty issue, defective/faulty install, poor management
- Preferred solution:
- Fix all issues outlined and resulting issues as a result of being ignored by the warranty management staff.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Meritage Homes House Construction
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "First of all, I really hated the mass scheduling of potential homeowners where you seated with a sales person who discusses your credit and financial information right out in the..."
- "Joseph E. Prada (or Joseph E. Prado) agreed to install laminate floors on the second floor in my mom's house - a total of 800 sq feet. The total work..."
- "I have not been in my home for six months and everyday I notice things that are wrong with my home from squeaky floors to pushed nails, cracks in the..."
- "Mia did a poor design on one foot which she was instructed to redo. I received a pedicure with polish which did not dry after 3 hours. I pointed out..."
- "Several weeks ago I purchased Wonder Bread at my local Walmart. The shelf tag said the price was $1.78. When I read my receipt later, I found out..."
- "Juan Vasquez and His employees did an amazing job on my home. It was a very labor intensive job. He remodeled my kitchen, master bathroom and guest bathroom for about..."
- "I have been a long time consumer of Newegg off on on for years, and have recently cheered them on the fight against Patent trolls. But recently I ordered..."
- "Instant Bulk SMTP Instant Bulk SMTP is an outgoing email service that will allow you to send emails from your email address either you have your own software or you don’t..."
- "Just moved into Waterbrook Apartments in Southern California and for 2 weeks we have been fighting with maggots outside on our patio. It took management 2 weeks to figure..."