My wife and I built our home and closed in July 2006.We currently have structural issues with all the main levels floors which are cracking, raising up and shifting causing not only a serious health hazard, but also integrity damage to the home.
This damage is not limited to the floors as it continues to the ceilings and running down the walls with the issues being interior and exterior. In addition to the home issues we also have a serious issue with the installation of the drive way which Meritage homes neglected to install rebar/wire mesh for the sustainability and integrity thereof. I have contacted Meritage Homes regarding the issues to which they offered $1700 as a settlement on the entry way and laundry room floors only which was declined as they are aware the damage and issues extend to all of my tiled floors on the main level. In trying to work with Meritage and requesting to meet Tom Alexander (Warranty Manager for the Dallas, Tx area) scheduled a meeting with us at our home and did neither show nor call to state he would not be coming.
I have emailed him, his boss (Stephanie MacLean), spoke with her assistant Kimberly Perez as well contacted the corporate office to only be connected to the voice mail of someone named Camille. At no time has anyone returned a call, or an email to attempt to remedy the issues involving my home which is still under warranty. I have reached out to Meritage via their Twitter and Facebook sites to only be blocked.
Meritage has met me with what appears to be a corporate philosophy of "Although you have a warranty in tact and the sale is done we will ignore culpability hoping you (the consumer) will go away." Their continued blatant dereliction of duty in ignoring the issues with my home are causing further damage and a feeling of indignation of ever contracting with what we thought to be a reputable builder.As a veteran of the United States Marine Corps I would have expected better treatment of an American corporation.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service is bad
- Unresponsive staff
- Poor customer service
- Unprofessional management
- Uncaring attitude and does not take ownership of mistakes
- Reason of review:
- Poor service, warranty issue, defective/faulty install, poor management
- Preferred solution:
- Fix all issues outlined and resulting issues as a result of being ignored by the warranty management staff.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Meritage Homes House Construction
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "These photos are of a house with defective stucco at Sun City Hilton Head, SC. It is one example of the widespread defective stucco problem at SCHH that has resulted..."
- "Have a seat. This is going to take a while. I’ll try to keep it short and just give the facts, but there is a lot of them..."
- "3/4/2015First and for most - if you get these filters pay with a credit card or open their credit card. When you have issues and want them off your house..."
- "Almost all the roses fell off putting them in the vase.Who ever wrapped the roses wrapped them too tight.it didn't even make a full set in the vase very disappointed..."
- "Several weeks ago I purchased Wonder Bread at my local Walmart. The shelf tag said the price was $1.78. When I read my receipt later, I found out..."
- "Mia did a poor design on one foot which she was instructed to redo. I received a pedicure with polish which did not dry after 3 hours. I pointed out..."
- "I have been paying for 10 years and now they stopped taking my payments all of a sudden,,,, no one knows why, they brought my fico from 748 down to..."
- "Do not buy from this company. I bought items on Oct 11th for my daughters birthday and I still have not received them.I have sent numerous emails and all I..."
- "I ordered my brother a custom tshirt for his 60th birthday.His party is this weekend.I received the shirt but the image did not come out well.I contacted them and sent..."