Meritage Homes and Management Staff Suck at Warranty service

16 of 29 Meritage Homes reviews

My wife and I built our home and closed in July 2006.We currently have structural issues with all the main levels floors which are cracking, raising up and shifting causing not only a serious health hazard, but also integrity damage to the home.

This damage is not limited to the floors as it continues to the ceilings and running down the walls with the issues being interior and exterior. In addition to the home issues we also have a serious issue with the installation of the drive way which Meritage homes neglected to install rebar/wire mesh for the sustainability and integrity thereof. I have contacted Meritage Homes regarding the issues to which they offered $1700 as a settlement on the entry way and laundry room floors only which was declined as they are aware the damage and issues extend to all of my tiled floors on the main level. In trying to work with Meritage and requesting to meet Tom Alexander (Warranty Manager for the Dallas, Tx area) scheduled a meeting with us at our home and did neither show nor call to state he would not be coming.

I have emailed him, his boss (Stephanie MacLean), spoke with her assistant Kimberly Perez as well contacted the corporate office to only be connected to the voice mail of someone named Camille. At no time has anyone returned a call, or an email to attempt to remedy the issues involving my home which is still under warranty. I have reached out to Meritage via their Twitter and Facebook sites to only be blocked.

Meritage has met me with what appears to be a corporate philosophy of "Although you have a warranty in tact and the sale is done we will ignore culpability hoping you (the consumer) will go away." Their continued blatant dereliction of duty in ignoring the issues with my home are causing further damage and a feeling of indignation of ever contracting with what we thought to be a reputable builder.As a veteran of the United States Marine Corps I would have expected better treatment of an American corporation.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Customer service is bad
    • Unresponsive staff
    • Poor customer service
    • Unprofessional management
    • Uncaring attitude and does not take ownership of mistakes

Reason of review:
Poor service, warranty issue, defective/faulty install, poor management
Preferred solution:
Fix all issues outlined and resulting issues as a result of being ignored by the warranty management staff.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Meritage Homes House Construction
Review category
Home Construction and Repair
review #758497

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Meritage Homes? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
16 of 29 Meritage Homes reviews

PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.

Oct 21 #1230367 Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States

Coming from an Engineering background, none of the pictures indicate a structural issue. A structural issue is if the house itself is failing such as the trusses, supporting walls, beams, etc. Minor cracks in floors, concrete, caulking and drywall is not structural especially on a 10 year old house. Concrete will always crack.

1 0 Reply
Shelly

Mar 16 #1128353 Dallas, Texas, United States

Our home was built in 2005. As of two days ago, our tile inside has started cracking, popping, and raising as indicated in your pictures. I just had my first contact with Meritage and I didn't get the impression that they were going to help. I was told to send an email. But, because they had an "agreement" with the flooring company to cover defects within 10 years, we're probably out of luck. We were never notified! Did you ever get any help? Would appreciate any tips or recommendations on trying to get this rectified.

1 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Meritage Homes. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Meritage Homes.
Filing a new complaint about
×