Update added by user Nov 09, 2014
We should also add, that we DID use MTH Mortgage, through Meritage, and unlike others, we had no problems whatsoever. It was a smooth process and our home closed on time. We were very happy with our loan officer also.
Original review posted by user Nov 09, 2014
We bought in Granite Lakes Estates, Rocklin, CA in 2014 for over 620k. Just take a look at our brand new driveway and walkway. Meritage has bleached it on two occasions and it still looks bad. They think it looks better; we disagree. They will not repair it and say that it meets their standards. Really? We're not the only ones in our neighborhood who have a driveway that looks like this. Most of our neighbors have it too and they're not happy about it either!
Does Meritage repair their work? Yes, most things, but not all. They will touch up chips on your bathroom countertops with paint and it's SO OBVIOUS. Their repair work is often worse than the original problem. We had chipped tile in our kitchen and backsplash and the person that repaired it used EVEN MORE chipped and cracked tile to fix it. It makes NO SENSE!
Besides the crappy cement work and cracked/chipped tile, you'll get missing caulk just about everywhere, scratched appliances, broken heating/air units, really bad interior/exterior paint, heaters & air conditioners that don't work, electrical problems, water leaks inside and out. The landscaping is awful; poorly placed cheap plants, not to mention the drainage issues on many of the lots.
Whatever you do, don't pay for expensive upgrades with this builder. Have quality contractors come in after the fact to complete your floors and backsplashes/shower. Take the standard interior paint and have your house repainted later. Not worth what they charge, as their paint is very sloppy and cheap! Why pay Meritage to do sub-par work for exorbitant prices! Also, you will be paying property taxes on all those upgrades for the next 30 years.
Meritage loves to spout that they're the top ten builder, well, the QUANTITY of homes built does not equal QUALITY and they're no doubt number 10 on that list.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- New Home Construction
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Do not use Everdry. We made that mistake and now out thousands of dollars. They come to your house and scare you to death about mold, bang on your door..."
- "BEWARE!! They issued us a seasonal ticket telling us they would replace our driveway and our walkway in the spring well knowing we would be out of warranty. Today I..."
- "I'm reading about the History of Fraud on the Energy Star Program and I hope that Lennar Home Builders will also read it and REMOVE their Energy-Star and Comfort Wise..."
- "In august of 2015 installed replacement airbags new shocks and the air compressor on my 01 towncar. Thw warranty was very limited and our system was collapsed but was sure..."
- "I ordered a pair of Super Timberland's as a gift for a friend. The items were received promptyly, however when the recipient received the gift the boots had been worn..."
- "Went to look for a new vehicle and ran into a violent registered sex offender as the car salesman. After such I made it known that I was displeased with..."
- "I first received an e-mail stating my business had been reviewed. It showed a mediocre rating by the CEO of MyLife, whom I have never met not had any..."
- "Ordered three jackets from rosegal.com and two were delivered, still waiting on the third. The quality is mind-blowingly horrible, and the fabric is atrocious. The jackets even SMELL carcinogenic. The..."
- "So, I send my 2 balikbayan boxes on August 20th expecting to be in the Philippines around the first week of October. Instead LBC decided to keep my box sitting..."