Update added by user Nov 09, 2014
We should also add, that we DID use MTH Mortgage, through Meritage, and unlike others, we had no problems whatsoever. It was a smooth process and our home closed on time. We were very happy with our loan officer also.
Original review posted by user Nov 09, 2014
We bought in Granite Lakes Estates, Rocklin, CA in 2014 for over 620k. Just take a look at our brand new driveway and walkway. Meritage has bleached it on two occasions and it still looks bad. They think it looks better; we disagree. They will not repair it and say that it meets their standards. Really? We're not the only ones in our neighborhood who have a driveway that looks like this. Most of our neighbors have it too and they're not happy about it either!
Does Meritage repair their work? Yes, most things, but not all. They will touch up chips on your bathroom countertops with paint and it's SO OBVIOUS. Their repair work is often worse than the original problem. We had chipped tile in our kitchen and backsplash and the person that repaired it used EVEN MORE chipped and cracked tile to fix it. It makes NO SENSE!
Besides the crappy cement work and cracked/chipped tile, you'll get missing caulk just about everywhere, scratched appliances, broken heating/air units, really bad interior/exterior paint, heaters & air conditioners that don't work, electrical problems, water leaks inside and out. The landscaping is awful; poorly placed cheap plants, not to mention the drainage issues on many of the lots.
Whatever you do, don't pay for expensive upgrades with this builder. Have quality contractors come in after the fact to complete your floors and backsplashes/shower. Take the standard interior paint and have your house repainted later. Not worth what they charge, as their paint is very sloppy and cheap! Why pay Meritage to do sub-par work for exorbitant prices! Also, you will be paying property taxes on all those upgrades for the next 30 years.
Meritage loves to spout that they're the top ten builder, well, the QUANTITY of homes built does not equal QUALITY and they're no doubt number 10 on that list.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- New Home Construction
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "After 5 years the structure of the so called QUALITY home is starting to rotten (door frame on back door, design balcony on main entry), questionable roof construction, VERY questionable..."
- "Have a seat. This is going to take a while. I’ll try to keep it short and just give the facts, but there is a lot of them..."
- "We paid a handsome price to have our parking lot Tar & Chipped rather than re-pave which is considerably more expensive. The product did not hold up and within a couple..."
- "My wife and I recently paid $5,000 in cash to Marlena Martin and she promised my wife a title. However someone else was crowned. My wife and I tried to..."
- "I purchased leather furnature from Living Spaces with extended warranty. They had no record of extended warranty which I have the paperwork. They claim that since I moved from original..."
- "SHOCKING DISHONESTY AND FALSE CLAIMS. I was never able to speak to a person. They were supposed to e-mail me when my phone was received and to give me a..."
- "Every month I have to contact them. They tell me problem is resolved and the next month they do it again. Charges for install and their modem I never got..."
- "I purchased the veggie lovers bag salad from my local grocery store in Maryland and have been slowly consuming it over the last 3 days. Today at lunch I found..."
- "I purchased a Kenmore gas range from Sears.com.Bought it on Black Friday 11-24-16. First, pay someone to pick it up for me in the store because I don't own a..."