1K views

Update by user Nov 09, 2014

We should also add, that we DID use MTH Mortgage, through Meritage, and unlike others, we had no problems whatsoever. It was a smooth process and our home closed on time. We were very happy with our loan officer also.

Original review posted by user Nov 09, 2014

We bought in Granite Lakes Estates, Rocklin, CA in 2014 for over 620k. Just take a look at our brand new driveway and walkway. Meritage has bleached it on two occasions and it still looks bad. They think it looks better; we disagree. They will not repair it and say that it meets their standards. Really? We're not the only ones in our neighborhood who have a driveway that looks like this. Most of our neighbors have it too and they're not happy about it either!

Does Meritage repair their work? Yes, most things, but not all. They will touch up chips on your bathroom countertops with paint and it's SO OBVIOUS. Their repair work is often worse than the original problem. We had chipped tile in our kitchen and backsplash and the person that repaired it used EVEN MORE chipped and cracked tile to fix it. It makes NO SENSE!

Besides the crappy cement work and cracked/chipped tile, you'll get missing caulk just about everywhere, scratched appliances, broken heating/air units, really bad interior/exterior paint, heaters & air conditioners that don't work, electrical problems, water leaks inside and out. The landscaping is awful; poorly placed cheap plants, not to mention the drainage issues on many of the lots.

Whatever you do, don't pay for expensive upgrades with this builder. Have quality contractors come in after the fact to complete your floors and backsplashes/shower. Take the standard interior paint and have your house repainted later. Not worth what they charge, as their paint is very sloppy and cheap! Why pay Meritage to do sub-par work for exorbitant prices! Also, you will be paying property taxes on all those upgrades for the next 30 years.

Meritage loves to spout that they're the top ten builder, well, the QUANTITY of homes built does not equal QUALITY and they're no doubt number 10 on that list.

Review about: Meritage Homes House Construction.

Had an Experience with Meritage Homes?

Comments

Oxnard, California, United States #897720

Post the name and problems u had with this developer all over the internet. You need to get a lawyer for a class action lawsuit --- where u pay only when there's money back for the home buyers.