Update added by user Nov 09, 2014
We should also add, that we DID use MTH Mortgage, through Meritage, and unlike others, we had no problems whatsoever. It was a smooth process and our home closed on time. We were very happy with our loan officer also.
Original review posted by user Nov 09, 2014
We bought in Granite Lakes Estates, Rocklin, CA in 2014 for over 620k. Just take a look at our brand new driveway and walkway. Meritage has bleached it on two occasions and it still looks bad. They think it looks better; we disagree. They will not repair it and say that it meets their standards. Really? We're not the only ones in our neighborhood who have a driveway that looks like this. Most of our neighbors have it too and they're not happy about it either!
Does Meritage repair their work? Yes, most things, but not all. They will touch up chips on your bathroom countertops with paint and it's SO OBVIOUS. Their repair work is often worse than the original problem. We had chipped tile in our kitchen and backsplash and the person that repaired it used EVEN MORE chipped and cracked tile to fix it. It makes NO SENSE!
Besides the crappy cement work and cracked/chipped tile, you'll get missing caulk just about everywhere, scratched appliances, broken heating/air units, really bad interior/exterior paint, heaters & air conditioners that don't work, electrical problems, water leaks inside and out. The landscaping is awful; poorly placed cheap plants, not to mention the drainage issues on many of the lots.
Whatever you do, don't pay for expensive upgrades with this builder. Have quality contractors come in after the fact to complete your floors and backsplashes/shower. Take the standard interior paint and have your house repainted later. Not worth what they charge, as their paint is very sloppy and cheap! Why pay Meritage to do sub-par work for exorbitant prices! Also, you will be paying property taxes on all those upgrades for the next 30 years.
Meritage loves to spout that they're the top ten builder, well, the QUANTITY of homes built does not equal QUALITY and they're no doubt number 10 on that list.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- New Home Construction
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "They might deserve one start for the actual pool. But this company is HORRIBLE -their work is that is.... DO NOT HIRE THEM..... You will pay dearly. Be..."
- "I can't tell you just how devastating it is to invest so much time, money and emotion into building a home only to have it all ripped away simply for..."
- "Worst Experience ever.. Do not build with lombardo homes. All it is excuse after excuse, we will tell you what you want to hear to make the buck. We..."
- "I purchased leather furnature from Living Spaces with extended warranty. They had no record of extended warranty which I have the paperwork. They claim that since I moved from original..."
- "I first received an e-mail stating my business had been reviewed. It showed a mediocre rating by the CEO of MyLife, whom I have never met not had any..."
- "SHOCKING DISHONESTY AND FALSE CLAIMS. I was never able to speak to a person. They were supposed to e-mail me when my phone was received and to give me a..."
- "Direct tv tech attached my satellite brackets on my roof with NAILS. I was selling my home located at 6828 Valley Lane in Leeds, Al. and the home inspector found..."
- "Last Thursday, my 2005 Dodge Ram locked down while driving a block from my house. It dropped the driveshaft and rear wheels locked. I found that there was..."
- "I am duly authorized by law, and duty bound as a Spiritual Master, to make statements in public to warn other people about harm or danger. This falls under Qualified..."