Meritage Homes: frig hits wall, can't open frig door to 90 degree, can't take frig draws out
I purchased a brand new home from Meritage Homes. After the home was built, closed and ready for leaving, found the kitchen floor plan has big design flaw:
First, a most commonly used 25 ct frig could not be put in. At the end, we have to take the trim off the wall in order to put the frig in; second and also the worst problem is that when open the frig, the door hit the wall (the door can't even be opened 90 degree such that I couldn't slid the draws out for half way). It is $300000+ home. It seems the builder only considered whether the space fits the frig, but the usability. The worst thing that the builder did not admit it isn't a design flaw. In their words: "such design is not uncommon, but being a real estate professional I have not seen a house that won't allow frig to open or take draw out. The worst kitchen design!!!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Does not respond request in timely mannor
- Customer service is bad
- Unresponsive staff
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Meritage Homes House Construction
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "There are several windows in our home that have accumulated mold that keeps coming back ever since it was built in 2003. We moved in December of 2003 and..."
- "I bought a house at Sonoma on November 2014, it all started off wrong as they rushed our closing stating they wanted to do it before thanksgiving and even tho..."
- "My Adams Homes StoryMy Defective Adams Home Story. Three years ago September of 2006 my family purchased a 3000 square foot home from Adams Homes of North East Florida. This..."
- "Being new in the business world, no schooling on how to operate a business, I made the mistake by giving a Local Lighthouse Rep my time. The woman was very..."
- "I signed up with Coventry Healthcare of NC after reading in their summary of coverage that they have a $15 copay for sick visits and a $24/$40 copay for prescriptions...."
- "A week after receiving an email stating that my shipment was delayed (order was placed on 11/10), I went online and came across this site. Needless to say, I..."
- "I wouldn’t advise anyone to ever shop at this Prattville, Alabama location. If I could, I would give them zero (0) stars, but I have to give them at least..."
- "if this is how walmart ships items i will no longer buy from them and on top of it I was told since the items that I purchased were from..."
- "OMG DONT RENT FROM THEM!! They are slum lords! Online the pictures were of a nice house. I rented via internet moving from Florida to Indiana. What I got was..."