Meritage Homes: frig hits wall, can't open frig door to 90 degree, can't take frig draws out
I purchased a brand new home from Meritage Homes. After the home was built, closed and ready for leaving, found the kitchen floor plan has big design flaw:
First, a most commonly used 25 ct frig could not be put in. At the end, we have to take the trim off the wall in order to put the frig in; second and also the worst problem is that when open the frig, the door hit the wall (the door can't even be opened 90 degree such that I couldn't slid the draws out for half way). It is $300000+ home. It seems the builder only considered whether the space fits the frig, but the usability. The worst thing that the builder did not admit it isn't a design flaw. In their words: "such design is not uncommon, but being a real estate professional I have not seen a house that won't allow frig to open or take draw out. The worst kitchen design!!!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Does not respond request in timely mannor
- Customer service is bad
- Unresponsive staff
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Meritage Homes House Construction
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "DON’T DO IT FOLKS, DON’T BUY FROM ADAMS!! I wish I would have spoken to people who currently own and live in an Adams Home before I bought. I am..."
- "I am 8 years in a Genesee/Lennar home. First the plumbing lines were not angled right so the draining was bad. Had to get an independent plumber to tell Lennar..."
- "AHP is wonderful at first. The office managed even took me out for beers and to discuss the house. All of that congeniality changed when we actually begin..."
- "I'm a great fun of Tommy Hilfiger products, however, this SHAWL COLLAR CARDIGAN Sweater i bought right before new year come with the cheapest quality, just after wearing it for..."
- "I am having the same experience with Gold Crown Resort. When we purchased our membership we were told the annual renewal fee was waived for life. Now, all of a..."
- "I have owned my battery for around 2 years. Recently I was told by several mechanics that I had a bad cell in my battery and to replace it. As..."
- "I ordered a flower arrangement from Teleflora before Christmas. What I received looked nothing like what I ordered or was expecting. It had no roses, no holly, no red..."
- "A week after receiving an email stating that my shipment was delayed (order was placed on 11/10), I went online and came across this site. Needless to say, I..."
- "https://www.facebook.com/OrigamiOwlDeanaKinman/timeline?ref=page_internal. https://www.facebook.com/dlkinman?fref=ts https://www.instagram.com/deanakinman/ Cope and paste. These necklaces are trash. I put mine on and it came a part. I was I was making a speech in front of 250 people and my locket..."