Meritage Homes: frig hits wall, can't open frig door to 90 degree, can't take frig draws out
I purchased a brand new home from Meritage Homes. After the home was built, closed and ready for leaving, found the kitchen floor plan has big design flaw:
First, a most commonly used 25 ct frig could not be put in. At the end, we have to take the trim off the wall in order to put the frig in; second and also the worst problem is that when open the frig, the door hit the wall (the door can't even be opened 90 degree such that I couldn't slid the draws out for half way). It is $300000+ home. It seems the builder only considered whether the space fits the frig, but the usability. The worst thing that the builder did not admit it isn't a design flaw. In their words: "such design is not uncommon, but being a real estate professional I have not seen a house that won't allow frig to open or take draw out. The worst kitchen design!!!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Does not respond request in timely mannor
- Customer service is bad
- Unresponsive staff
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Meritage Homes House Construction
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Joseph E. Prada (or Joseph E. Prado) agreed to install laminate floors on the second floor in my mom's house - a total of 800 sq feet. The total work..."
- "There are several windows in our home that have accumulated mold that keeps coming back ever since it was built in 2003. We moved in December of 2003 and..."
- "It was recently discovered that my Standard Pacific home and all 37 homes built the same year have major structural water damage. At least 4 structural engineers have reported..."
- "Being new in the business world, no schooling on how to operate a business, I made the mistake by giving a Local Lighthouse Rep my time. The woman was very..."
- "I purchased a Pottery Barn Classic Terry Robe in Truffle online from a store in Durham, NC. I was visiting there for a wedding and had gift cards for..."
- "I signed up with Coventry Healthcare of NC after reading in their summary of coverage that they have a $15 copay for sick visits and a $24/$40 copay for prescriptions...."
- "Thought I'd try your Publix Supreme Self Rising Crust Pizza. The picture on the box really looked good. Too bad the pizza INSIDE the box didn't look like that...."
- "Purchased patio door from Lowe's. Went with this product on recommendation by contractor. *** move. Issue one. Door arrived with passive latch system broken. Lowes..."
- "5RB Solicitors of 5 Raymond Buildings in London are dishonest and tell lies to the High Court. Thus they should be avoided and are not fit to practice law. Deceiving the judiciary..."