2.1
Turnaround Time

Update by user Jun 12

Update 6/11: Just found out that they've canceled the contract without even notifying me, and they are reselling the house while still holding my deposit. Isn't it fraud?

Original review posted by user May 12

I ordered to build a house in Jan 2017 at Oviedo Gardens in the Orlando area.Before I signed the contract, I explicitly asked the sales associate through email how many HVAC units there will be for the two-floor house.

The sales associate checked the plan and confirmed that there would be two. It turned out that the builder's plan and the sales department's plan are different. Instead of a two-unit system, a single-unit damper system was built in the house. I researched and found that the damper system is far worse than a two-unit system except that the damper system is cheaper to install.

Both the builder and the sales associates working in the community admitted that it was Meritage Home's fault. They said they'd honor the promise and replace with the right system once their boss approves the switch. The HVAC company also confirmed that this was an easy thing to do and would't damage the house during the switch. However, Brian Kittle, president of the Orlando office, refused to make the switch, and threatened to cancel the contract.

No one on MH's side has denied that the promise was made - a written promise in the email. They just don't want to honor the promise. I am shocked and frustrated.

The house is scheduled to close in half a month.I don't know what to do.

Review about: Meritage Homes House Construction.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Monetary Loss: $20000.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Lying to customers, Bad construction.

Had an Experience with Meritage Homes?

Comments

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa #1354894

you need to contact an attorney.